Tuesday, May 29, 2012

On My Heart: Vlad. Part 2.

So I feel very very inadequate.  And I feel like there have to be a lot of people thinking, "What does she think she's doing?  She's not that great.  Definitely not enough to provide a good home for 15 year old for awhile.  He's just going to be bored.  Why does she think she's this great person who can do such a thing?"

And I suppose it's me that feels that way.  I hope that's just the enemy talking.  Telling myself it is.  I cannot believe how heavy Vlad is on my heart.  I feel like I've looked at his picture enough that I'm completely desensitized to it.  As though it's the picture of a boy I saw in a magazine once or something.  But the only thing becoming desensitized can do is make me forget about him.

And I do feel so crazily inadequate.  And I do feel like a fraud for taking this on.  Because I am not that great.  I mean, really, I'm just me.  Nothing extraordinary happening here.  And it's so tempting to put the whole thing off and let deadlines go by.  Though I am not sure if my heart would let me forget.  And my mind is reminding me that even if I am inadequate, the other option is that nothing happens.  Nothing changes for Vlad.  And what kind of an alternative is that?

So I just made an account on ChipIn to track donations for Vlad.  I linked the Paypal account so that it goes directly to Children's Cultural Connection.  Remember that any donations are 100% tax deductible.

I've already had a few friends tell me that they would like to donate--thank you!  And another friend is putting together a really cool fundraiser for my Arizonians--thank you!  Remember that no gift is too small.  And no prayer is too small.  Thank you to everyone that has been praying for Vlad.  Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment