Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Scorpion Says I Was Right!

Awhile back, we broke one of our doors.  Half of it was broken into pieces and thrown into our garbage can.  The other half randomly ended up under the garbage can.


Some of you may remember when I sprayed off our back porch and some earwigs came out (not from the door).  Well that day got me thinking that this broken door we had forgot about could be harboring little creatures.  In particular, based on my small knowledge of scorpions, I wondered if they would like a place like this.

I have not seen a scorpion in my three years in Arizona and I never wanted to.  So I asked Matt to get rid of the broken door.  He asked why.  I told him that I imagined there were scorpions under it.  He teased me.

Randomly tonight Matt said, "Did I tell you I found a scorpion?"
"What?  Are you joking?"
"No.  I moved that door and I found a scorpion."
"Really?  Are you just messing with me?"
"No, I moved it and a scorpion was there."
"You're just teasing me."
"No, it's there.  It was dead and I tried to spray it off, but it's still out there."
"Ahh!--I was right!  How ironic!"  (The irony being that I was right about something I wish I was wrong about.)

So of course, I had to go out and take a picture.  Eughh. 



So just a little bit ago, I went outside to put the door back for a minute to take that first picture to show everyone what I was talking about.  And as I went to go outside I thought, "Aren't scorpions nocturnal?  What if there's another one out there wondering where his home went?"

And "Aggh!"  Yep, another one.  The baby?  Uggh.


Now I feel like things are crawling all over me.  I am not a Scorpion Girl or a Pincher Sister or whatever--I'm just a Nebraskan.  And I really hope a scorpion NEVER touches me.  I would probably have a heart attack.  I'm getting palpitations just thinking about it.  Eugglh!

3 comments:

  1. At least you'd probably feel it if it got on you... which is more than can be said for most creepy crawlies. Also, it's hard to imagine it doing TOO much damage or getting in a tiny crack to actually enter your house.
    Did that make you feel any better? No? Me either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in Arizona for about 7 months and I hope never to see a scorpion. Finding crickets in the house freak me out! I completely sympathize with you every time you get surprised by one of these creatures. I'm Californian, creepy crawlies there are spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, yeah makes my skin crawl all the way up here in Nebraska:S

    ReplyDelete