Sunday, August 7, 2011

Puffy Paint Craft

On Friday, we tried this.

But when I went to make the paints, I discovered we were almost out of salt.  So I stretched it to make three colors (and maybe didn't get my ratios quite right).  I let them choose the colors.  Green, yellow, and the third represents purple/black (which were both suggested).



They loved it, especially Titus.  Our only hitch occurred when Kali's chair slid backwards a little and she fell with her belly in her art.  ;)



The finished products.  Like I said, I don't think my measurements were quite right so it took multiple runs through the microwave to harden. 



Tomorrow we're going to try this activity.  I took pictures of a bunch of their toys tonight and made these cards.  Tomorrow I'll give each of them a card and have them find the toy.  A good game since toys are spread across the up and downstairs of our house at the moment.  Then later we can pick them all up.  :)

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are REALLY great. I LOVE the toy-matching game! Brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete