Thursday, October 4, 2012

Buy Me a Dog: Take 2


Since I posted about Francis, thought I'd also post about yet-to-be-named.  Umm... Paige invited us to the children's museum today.  Which was sort of close to the animal shelter.  So took advantage of the advantage.  And because we went to the children's museum, I bought another dog.  (That could be one form of the truth.)

I don't really want another dog.  But I really thought it would be beneficial for Francis.  Thought it would be nice for her to have a companion.  So we looked for a little puppy and took home the littlest one.  Francis has been afraid of other dogs, so I wanted to get her a little one that maybe she could look out for.

Brought the little puppy (half Francis' size) home and Francis is scared of it.  The puppy is great, though.  I'm starting to think I'm an all-star at picking dogs.  (Which really means, take your toddlers with you and pick a dog that calmly wants to lick their faces.)  The puppy is so lovable it's even worming its way into the very center of Matt's heart.  (I am convinced that spell-check is wrong and the word is "loveable".  What the what!)

So... no doggy bonding.  Which was the whole point.  So I don't know if we're going to keep her.  Francis really does not like other dogs.  I'm assuming bad experience somewhere in her past.  So... like I said, don't know if we're going to keep her.  Despite her utter cuteness and playfulness with the children, I'm not sure I want to potty-train a puppy so that we can have two dogs that sort of tolerate each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment