Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Happy Happy Blog Post

Okay, it's also an emotional blog post.  I share this with tears in my eyes.

First, check out this blog post.  *Click me!*  *Click me!*

Picture that "Stellan"'s Reece's Rainbow profile has jumped off the page at me and I can't get this little boy off my mind and I think to google him--who knows why I thought to do that?--and I find this blog post (through a link from another blog!) and it is the information given by this momma (and the prayers collected by this momma) that directly influenced our decision to adopt Caleb ("Stellan").

Looking at those photos now, it's hard to believe that's our little boy.

And on to the tears-in-my-eyes good news:

Janna's family has met her and soon Janna will be a part of a family!  You can read about it here.  *You know you want to click me.*  On our very last day at the orphanage, minutes from being on our way outta there for good, we were led across the hall and got to meet children in another laying room. (I had assumed Caleb's laying room was the only one and that perhaps Janna had been transferred.)  Guys, this little girl (this little girl that I had underestimated due to her photos and her special needs) this little girl was warm and sweet and so very present and so very desiring of touch and connection and I was blown away.  She held my eyes and reached up to hold my hand for as long as I was able and smiled such sweetness.  And I am so so so very happy for her.

Praise the Lord, everyone!  Join me in praise for one more little girl who's life is never going to be the same and who is about to experience such love as she's never experienced before.  I can't imagine how God's heart breaks, knowing the suffering of children (of people) all over the world.  But hallelujah that there is one less orphan in the world!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for loving our Janna before we even knew her!! We truly cannot wait to bring her home forever! <3

    ReplyDelete