Friday, June 7, 2013

(Big) Baby Carrying

While reading excerpts from "Adoption Parenting:  Creating a Toolbox, Building Connections," I read the following:  Keep your child in close proximity to you–carry them if you can.  Slings are useful even for older toddlers and pre-schoolers. Your child will begin to recognize your special feel and smell!

Which led me to a Google search that produced this blog entry about eleven year old wearing.

Which led to a a Google search on some of the carriers she mentions.

Which was a little overwhelming.

So I asked some of my awesome mom friends.  Have I mentioned how much I love my Mesa mom friends and how much it stinks that I don't live there as well?  (Though we do love our "small town" too.)

And they recommended Babywearing International.  Whom I felt like I should plug here, because I had no idea they even existed.

So I got advice.  And decided to get a Kindercarry.  (Which I've even gotten to see in action through one of my friends.)  They make a pre-school sized carrier.

It came in the mail.

Trying it out with my 37 lb. three year old.
Trying it out with my 26 lb. two year old.
My four year old (that's maybe only 38 pounds) didn't want to help me out--I'll convince him later.  I might need a little help fine-tuning my straps from my carrier-expert friends.  And I'm not sure how much I'll use it since I didn't have a carrier for the others.  But Kindercarrys resell well, so yay!

Isn't it cute, too?  ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is actually kinda genius... and very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete