Thursday, June 6, 2013

Weel... Finances

Weel... on Monday our air conditioner broke.  Hard to believe I grew up without air conditioning.  It quits in Arizona and it means business.  And it only got up to 105 on Monday.

So I took the kids to VBS in the morning.  We have two small a/c units in the two bedrooms that our central air doesn't quite cool properly and we split ourselves between those two rooms for nap time.  Nap time ended and we loaded up to get out of the house.

We headed to a nearby town to eat at Golden Corral and ended up stopping at Jiffy Lube on the way and getting some things done on the van that we had been meaning to have done, but hadn't had time.  (Cause we had plenty of time to kill this night.)

We split between the two rooms for the night again and Tuesday was pretty much a repeat, but our a/c was fixed by nighttime.

So this is an unexciting post, but we dug into our adoption savings (a.k.a. our savings) for our air conditioner repairs.  The only way to fix it was to get a whole new unit.  Positive:  it's completely under warranty for the next 10 years.  (Seeing as how this is our 3rd a/c repair in the last 3 years.)

Anyhow, we've just had some expenses as of late:  car repairs, etc. and I'm not as confident that we'll be able to save our adoption amount before it's time.  Then again, I'm totally optimistic.  And I have plenty of ideas as to how we can work it out.  And I'm throwing it out there that we might be asking our dear family and friends for some zero interest loans right at the end.  But I'm not sure.  God is good and we're really lucky in how hard Matt works and how blessed we are.

Our paper baby deliverer travels tomorrow.  Pray for their journey and their adoption and that everything goes smoothly.  Check out this awesome photo of all of the packages they are delivering:  

One of them is ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment